Congratulations on your job search and welcome to the wonderful world of networking! With the right tools, a little elbow grease, and the tips provided below, you’ll be ready to find and land the perfect job for you. This guide will go over some of the best resources that will help you during your next job search, including creating an eye-catching resume using FlowCV, networking with prospective employers via LinkedIn, and finding the perfect job listing using Indeed.
FlowCV Resume Builder Tool
FlowCV.io is a free resume-building tool that makes it easy to curate the perfect resume. The tool’s interface is straightforward; all you need is to add details, such as contact information, education history, and work experiences. Once you’ve added this information, FlowCV makes it easy to rearrange and change your design by using one of its many templates [Pro Tip: Prioritize the most relevant information to the specific job opening towards the top]. You can even add links to certifications and portfolios related to the job position you are applying for.
This tool will be handy because it allows you to quickly change your resume to align with the company’s specific job requirements. Always tailor your resume to the job you are applying for!
Bonus tools: If you’re like me and have difficulty writing, use copy.ai to help with writer’s block by using AI-generated copy! Before sending anything (email, cover letters, resumes, etc.), use Grammarly to spellcheck your writing.
LinkedIn is one of the best resources when searching for a new job. This social media platform has a large database of professionals that you can connect with, and it allows you to showcase your talent.
- First off, you should ensure that your profile is up-to-date with all relevant information about yourself so that relevant employers/recruiters can easily find you. Include previous experience, education, certifications, and awards so that people know what kind of professional they’re dealing with!
Pro Tip: When posting, tag others as your posts will receive more impressions (or views), which could help you expand your network.
- If you want to learn more about companies that interest you, you can follow them on LinkedIn. This is similar to following someone on Twitter or Instagram. Whenever that company posts something to its LinkedIn page, it will appear on your homepage. Following a company is also a potential way to meet people who work there, including recruiters who might be posting jobs. Follow M-Team Solutions on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date with our newest job openings in Engineering, IT, or Business Operations!
- You can also set up preferences for your job search through the Career interests function. From your profile, scroll down until you find Your Dashboard, then click Career interests. This lets you save preferences for the type of job you’re looking for, including location, company size, and industry. LinkedIn will then start giving you relevant recommendations and search results. We suggest using Career interests so you’ll have a better chance of seeing jobs you’re actually interested in.
We recommend Indeed as it is the most popular jobs site in the “US, Canada, and the world” (Hueman). Indeed is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, search for jobs, save them and apply to them directly. It’s simple to use, and users can filter job listings by location, job type (contract, full-time or part-time, entry-level, remote, etc.), benefits offered, etc.
- You should go to Indeed.com‘s homepage and search for jobs in your area. You can also use the site’s advanced search features, which allow you to narrow your searches based on specific industries, companies, or locations.
- Upload your resume and complete their fillable Indeed resume – filling out their form may seem redundant, but it makes it much easier for recruiters and employers to find you through keyword searches.
Pro Tip: When filling in your Indeed Resume information, include as much information as possible so that recruiters and employers can easily find your resume through Keyword searches.
- CONSTANTLY UPDATE YOUR RESUME. I cannot emphasize how important this tip is for job seekers that need to find a job as soon as possible. When recruiters search for candidates, they type in relevant keywords from a job they are recruiting for (software, applications, certifications, etc.). Indeed prioritizes users that were most recently using the platform. Indeed users that used the platform recently are seen as the most likely to respond to recruiters. If you think about it, who is more eager to respond to a job invitation? Someone who was on the platform yesterday, or someone who was on it two months ago? Make even the tiniest changes to your resume, like adding a comma or removing a period, if your job search is urgent.
TLDR; Free and easy-to-use tools when searching and applying to new jobs: FlowCV, LinkedIn, and Indeed
- FlowCV is an excellent tool for creating a resume/CV. It has hundreds of tips and resume templates ready to customize with your information.
- LinkedIn is great for finding jobs because it’s easy to search for employment opportunities and connect with people with similar interests or skills.
- Indeed is the most popular job-seeking/job posting service in the world. It allows you to search for jobs by location, category, or salary range and gives detailed information about each job listing, including company reviews and even how much someone else made in the same position at that company in the past year!
These resources can help you before and during your job search. Moving forward, we wish you the best of luck. If you are currently looking for opportunities in Engineering, IT, or Business Operations, we would love to see your newly created resume and help you find the perfect career that suits your current skills and goals for the future! View our open positions here.